|Institution & Website||Portland Community College|
|Job Title||Division Dean – English & World Languages, Sylvania Campus|
|Salary|| $87,873 to $127,413 per year
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
|Duties & Responsibilities||Responsibilities/Duties:
Division Dean Responsibilities and Duties
1.Supervises division faculty, academic professionals, classified staff, technical/support, and/or student staff. Evaluates and oversees the development of professional development plans and goals for assigned faculty department chairs, faculty, academic professionals, and classified staff in accordance with good management practices, campus policies, and collective bargaining agreements. Hires, evaluates, trains, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
2.Provides leadership in planning, implementing, evaluating, and modifying multiple educational programs, processes, and operations related to assigned areas of responsibility; interprets and applies federal and state mandated guidelines. Plans, implements, administers, and evaluates related programs, projects, and services impacting the college.
3.Establishes, monitors, evaluates, and modifies processes, procedures, and/or standards, ensuring alignment with the College’s mission, values, goals, and objectives, as well as all local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Monitors programs to ensure compliance with applicable accrediting bodies.
6.Directs the maintenance of a variety of student and academic program records and information in assigned areas of responsibility.
7.Oversees faculty teaching assignments, schedules, and classroom assignments in accordance with established District policy.
8.Develops, implements, and manages grant-funded programs to supplement academic programs.
9.Develops and administers budgets in assigned areas of responsibility; implements and allocates resources following budget approval; approves expenditures.
10.Evaluates and communicates the impact of potential legal or regulatory changes on the College.
11.Responds to and resolves student, faculty, and/or staff grievances and complaints.
12.Advises and responds to questions from College departments and external agencies regarding complex issues or policies impacting assigned programs and services.
13.Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
– Master’s degree in any academic field from an accredited college or university.
– Three years progressively responsible managerial experience.
Important Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrated Skill in:
– Managing and providing leadership to subordinate staff;
1. Demonstrated leadership in higher education.
2. Experience supporting instruction in at least one of the departments within the division (within or outside of PCC).
3. Experience teaching for a minimum of 3 years.
4. Sensitivity to the unique educational needs of language learners.
|Starting Date & Posting Dates|
|Submit the Following Information:||To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position.
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either “Microsoft Word” or “.pdf” formats.
Notes to Applicant
– Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
– Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
– Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
– As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/986760
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com<http://Jobelephant.com> Inc. All rights reserved.