|Institution & Website
|Duties & Responsibilities:
||Reporting to the Director of the Academic Achievement Center, the Learning Specialist will be responsible for the following functions, which include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, coordinate and implement proactive intervention strategies designed to identify, assess and provide academic supports for new and returning students who may need specifically targeted and structured academic assistance.
- Facilitate regularly scheduled, proactive and intensive small group supports for new students identified as academically vulnerable. These sessions are designed to help students integrate and apply effective study skills, learning strategies, active reading/note-taking, time management and organization skills to their specific courses throughout their first academic year. Work with students to create and apply a personalized learning approach and proactive plan of support relevant to students’ individual needs in areas of connecting with faculty, seeking academic support, academic advising, career counseling, personal counseling, etc.
- Work with new and returning students to help them assess their learning needs, set short-term goals to address immediate needs, discuss long-term goals for ongoing academic development and assist them in reaching those goals.
- Be responsive to the needs of all students as they develop their skills and progress through their studies by closely tracking their progress and adapting responsive strategies to address their changing needs.
- Communicate with faculty, advisors and others as needed regarding student progress.
- Work in partnership with faculty, advisors and other staff to facilitate the academic success of all students.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
||MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Master’s degree in Education required; preferred concentration in Reading, English, Math or Education;
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities
- Experience working with students who are academically vulnerable;
- Excellent leadership, organizational, communication and technological skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to a culturally and socio-economically diverse learning environment.
|| Application Deadline: The position will remain open until filled, but to be guaranteed full consideration, candidates should apply by November 15, 2016.
|Submit the Following Information:
||Lasell College offers a competitive salary and benefits package for eligible employees. This includes but is not limited to outstanding time off benefits, health, dental and vision insurance, a 403B with a matching contribution after one year of service, tuition benefits and more.
Interested candidates should upload a cover letter, resume and the information of three (3) references using the forms on our website.
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell College is committed to increasing the diversity of its community and curriculum. Candidates who believe they will contribute to that commitment are encouraged to apply.
– See more at: http://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/human-resources/staff-positions/learning-specialist.html#sthash.f7eKmcJ8.dpuf